Yesterday, Greg and I had the wonderful opportunity to have one of the Bishoprick in our ward come and visit with us. Greg and I have been in our new ward for a month in a half to two months now, i think we both knew that we couldn't lay low for too long until the day would come to give us a needed calling. We had a very nice visit with one of our Bishoprick and it finally got to the point of his visit and the reason of why he was sitting in our home. He came to extend a calling to both Greg and I. The Bishoprick has asked Greg to be a Scout Leader over the Eleven year olds and I'm to be in the Young Womens as they're Ward Camp Director. When he told me this new calling they wanted me to do, i was very excited. I knew that i was going to end up back in Young Womens, plus i've always wanted to go back to Girls Camp!. I think this is just the best calling i could ever be given, i know this is where i'm suppose to serve. This morning i even looked at all my old Girls Camp stuff and remenisted of all the fun i had. I look forward to the work i will be doing and getting to know the wonderful young women in our ward. As far as Greg goes, this is a little different for him. In his past callings he's been in the Elders Coreum Presidency, and in our last ward he was the Ward Mission Leader. So being in with kids i think is a big change for him, but i think he will have tons of fun as he learns and grows in his calling.
1 comment:
Hey sis! welcome to the blogging world! i've added you to my links page! you can add peeps like me and uncle john!
LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment